The BOLDR Supply Company is an outfitter brand for the urban adventurers of the world. Based out of Singapore and Malaysia, run by co-founders Travis, Leon and Isa, BOLDR supplies watches, apparel and gear that’s stylish, functional and ready for adventure.
The 3 Boldr Beliefs are:
- Confidence: We all need that catalyst of confidence to kick-off our adventures, with the belief that we’re tough enough for anything
- Courage: We all have a bit of the beBoldr spirit inside of us, pushing us to take chances and try something new, every day.
- Community: No matter who you are, where you’re from and what you do, you can be a part of the team Boldr
According to BOLDR, the Venture is a field watch that’s ready for anything. Stylish, slim and super-light, consisting of a solid aerospace-grade titanium case, durable ballistic nylon strap, sapphire glass lens and swiss quartz movement, it’s the perfect wrist wear for any adventure.
But is it true or a simple marketing argument?
The first thing that strikes when you wear the watch is the fact that you feel like you’re not wearing a watch because it’s so light with its 38mm case made out of solid aerospace-grade titanium and the comfortable ballistic nylon strap with also titanium hardware. The weight of the watch with the strap is only 41 grams. The lug to lug distance is about 45mm due to the angled lugs which hug your wrist for a comfortable fit and cool signed crown at 4 o’clock for more comfort.
The Venture is able to resist water up to an impressive 100M (330ft) / 10ATM and is powered by a Swiss-made ETA 802.102 quartz movement that has up to 3 year battery life.
The Venture carries a hyper-legible matte black dial with no date, lumed syringe style hands and large lumed Arabic numerals and indexes. I really like the splash of orange colour on the seconds’ hand that brings a touch of colour on a quite sterile military dial.
The flat lens on the Venture is sapphire crystal for scratch resistance with an anti-reflective coating to make it easy to glance at the time on the go. The dial numerals and hands feature Superluminova.
The Venture caseback features a custom design, which has an X marking the spot for where adventure happens. Also a cool feature!
I have a quite big wrist (20cm/7.9inches) and I must say that I was sceptic with the 38mm case but I am really surprised because I really like to wear this watch a lot as a daily beater because I have a job in which, I am led to go to technical premises and other construction sites and I need a watch I am not afraid to wear in any circumstances.
My opinion about this watch is Boldr offers for $ 149 a watch with very interesting specifications and remarkable manufacturing quality. I did not really find anything to criticize this Venture. Indeed, this watch does not pretend to be another one and does the job in an exceptional way. Even my wife is trying to steal this Venture !!!
The Venture is available in 4 versions: Jungle Green, Jet Black, Carbon Black and the Khaki Version here in the presentation.
- Case: 38mm Solid Aerospace Grade Titanium, with matte finishing
- Movement: ETA 802.102 Swiss-made Quartz Movement, with 3 year battery life
- Water Resistance: 100m (330ft) / 10ATM
- Crown: Crown at 4 o’clock with custom embossed BOLDR logo
- Dial & Hands: Matte dial and linear-brushed hands with Superlume
- Lens: Flat sapphire crystal with inner side Anti-Reflective coating
- Strap: Custom NATO Zulu-style strap with solid titanium buckle
- Case Thickness: 11mm
- Lug size: 20mm
- Lug to lug: 45mm
- Weight with strap: 41 grams
- Case Back: Single-piece screw down titanium caseback with engraved limited edition artwork
10% DISCOUNT WITH THE CODE: DVKWATCHPHOTOGRAPHY